Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 23

Our new Hobby - Biking

About 6 weeks ago Victor talked about getting some bikes. I wasn't very crazy about it, thinking would we spend the money on this and then they sit in the garage and gather dust??? This is something Victor really wanted to do, so 4 weeks ago we bought our bikes from WalMart. Schwin "Comfort" bikes. Not road bikes or mountain bikes -- an inbetween type. Bigger seats and 21 gears. Victor got a sleek silver one and mine is light blue..... and BOY have we had fun. As always Victor was right and it was a great investment.. I've actually wanted to get out and ride every opportunity we have. It's some great exercise.
We've gone on the bike trails on Legacy, down in Syracuse (we call it the Bluff Trail) and the Clearfield trail, just 1/2 mile from the house. On Saturday's we've asked my boys (Mike/Brian) and their families to join us. Each of the boys have bike trailers and haul the little ones.

It's been a lot of fun. Those little guys (Truman, Dallin, Lincoln and Jenna) have biked 5 and 6 miles trips. We do lots of water breaks and we all have a BLAST.

On FaceBook, I posted that Victor and I did 48 miles last week in 4 trips. Yea for Victor for getting the bikes. I might not get skinny doing this, but my heart has to be getting healthier. If you want to join us during the week, let me know.... we've gone a couple of times with Wendy from across the street.


These pictures are from the "Bluff Trail".

1 comment:

grammie said...

Fab!!! We were thinking the same thing wow!!!!!