I was asked to be the Camp Director for this year's Suntrails Ward Girls Camp. The theme was "Survivor" ~ the First day we talked about Temples, Second day was Virtue and the Third day was about being Treasured Daughters of God. The spirit there was unbelievable and such a good camp.....
We drive to Lake Lyman (about 2 1/2 hour drive from Layton). The camp is in the Uintahs and we drive up thru Wyoming and then back around to Utah. The drive takes us on 17 miles of dirt roads. On the way up I got a flat tire in Victor's truck.... the assistant camp director and 3 girls (all Beehives) got out of the truck and waved a passerby down. He changed our tire and we were back on the road within about 15 minutes.... truly we were blessed. We carried the flat tire with us up to camp (13 more miles). At camp the brethern advised me to wait until we left, get the tire fixed in Evanston.
Well we left Friday morning after an awesome camp.... 3 miles away from camp - BAM! Another flat tire. We had so much help... the Bishop of our ward sat with Victor's truck for 2 1/2 hours while I was taken to the nearest town (about an hour away) by the 1st Counselor in the Stake Presidency and his wife. The first tire was unrepairable (good thing I didn't travel back to get it fixed). 2nd tire fixed, drive back to the truck and we were on our way. The Bishop, Assistant Camp Director and I headed back home..... Not sure what the Lord was trying to tell us, but we arrived safe there and safely home again. Victor bought 4 new tires when we came home. Now that it's over, it is just unbelievable - 2 flat tires. By the way, those tires only had 40,000 miles on them .... and the tread was pretty decent....
Again, I am so thankful for the experience of being a part of Girls Camp this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment