This morning I went to my car at 5:40 a.m. to drive to American Fork (my new office) and my battery was dead... The drivers door was not shut tightly and it drained my battery. Victor had already left for the train, so I was stuck.
I was heading out early, because the weather was so nasty and the news mentioned BAD roads to and from Salt Lake City. - ice and slideoffs
I called Victor and he said I could try the battery charger, but it was buried deep in the back of the garage and I probably wouldn't be able to find it. I found it - got the hood up and connected the battery (another call to Victor to make sure I was doing it right).
Then inside, signed on to access my work computer and worked for about an hour. Walked out and the car started right up.
On the way to work I listened to President Eyerings 2007 Conference Talk about having God's hand in our lives. He spoke of how he wrote each day a thought about how God had a hand in his life that day. It was a great talk.
I started thinking about my morning..... hm - bad weather and I drive fast - If I had left on time, would I have gotten in an accident? Was God's hand in my life and caused my battery to be dead... Victor said I'd have a hard time finding the battery charger - it took me 2 seconds, moved a paint can and it was right there. Hooked up the charger without any problems (and I haven't done that too many times in my life). Then when the battery was charged, the sun was out - the traffic was SLOW, so I was forced to drive carefully.
As I listened to the talk and thought about God's hand in my life - I KNOW without a doubt that God blessed me this morning and kept me safe because I had a dead battery - and I am very greatful for that and His help.
We should all take the time to remember how God's hand is in our lives each and every day. I am very thankful for all those times.
5 comments:
Don't you just love those "tender mercy" moments! When did you get moved to American Fork. What a drive and the train doesn't go that far! What a bummer! Be safe!
You really have to drive all the way to American Fork???? Thanks for sharing special moments, we all need to be reminded to give credit where credit is due...We sure have had His hands in our lives lately.
Thanks for sharing that. God really is in our lives, we just need to look and we will see Him. I love you girl.
That was one of my favorite talks. Thanks for reminding me. He is always watching over us, huh!? So happy he was watching over you that day. Love you!
I miss your sweet thoughts. YOu always have a way of looking at the whole picture! Thanks for sharing that! Most people (me) would have let it ruin their whole day, but you never do!
Post a Comment