
I was sent this picture and it brought back memories. Victor and I visited Germany about 11 years ago to visit with my daughter Katie, Braum and their new baby girl Rylie. We were able to visit this castle. The one that Walt Disney modeled the castle in Disneyland after. It was just AMAZING inside.
The construction of the castle was carried out according to a well thought-out plan. The castle was equipped with all kinds of technical conveniences which were very modern, if not to say revolutionary at that time. Running water on all floors. The spring which supplied the castle with excellent drinking water was located 200 meters above the castle. There were toilets equipped with automatic flushing on every floor. A warm air heating system for the entire building. A hot water system for the kitchen and the bath.

Begun in 1869 and left unfinished at Louis's death in 1886, the castle is the embodiment of 19th century romanticism. In a fantastical imitation of a medieval castle, Neuschwanstein is set with towers and spires.
This is a picture of the bedroom. It took 4 1/2 years for 14 woodcarvers to create the room.
We had a fantastic time in Germany and saw many many sites. One day Victor and I "WILL" take another tour of Germany and Italy. --- That's our dream vacation.
5 comments:
That looks amazing-someday we are going there too. Germany is where Joe served his mission and I would love to see it. What a fun trip for you two.
Portugal has lots of castles that we got to visit while we were there. They were one of my favorite parts of our trip!
Oh I love that castle! It was my very favorite. We lived in Germany while Katie was there. We were in Heidelberg. I loved visiting all of the beautiful castles and places that Germany has. Mike and I also want to go back again. It is such a wonderful place. And the food---yum yum yum!!
That's what I pictured a castle to look like! The one's I saw in England were like Fortresses! I think Norway, Denmark, & Germany have the way cool "Fancy" castles!
I love the pictures!
wow! Its so beautiful! As soon as I get to tour a castle, I'll just send everyone my new contact information, Address, Castle! You can't really go back to your regular home and live after seeing something like that, can u? hahahaha! I'm preping to go to Paris in April... I'm so excited!
Post a Comment