Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 20

Prayer ~

I've been thinking a lot lately about how many times my prayers have been answered. And how many times they have been answered and I never gave the credit to the Lord as I should have ~ ~ I just took it for granted that it was just coincidental, when in fact it was an answer to my prayer.
I was in a situation that I had to attend and knew that a person would be there that DID not and WOULD not be happy that I showed up (and could cause trouble if they wanted). I was going by myself and asked the Lord for help to be able to find comfort. Well I went in and sat down and within 5 minutes a friend walked thru the door that I hadn't seen in over 15 years..... we sat and chatted for the whole time I was there. - I left the event unscathed ---- I've just been reminded lately how it was the Lord's hand that sent that friend to that same event. I didn't thank Him then for sending the friend, only thanking him that I survived~ ~ but He answered my prayer in a way that I would never have imaged. I want to work hard this year, to look for those "things" the Lord does to answer my prayers and make sure that I thank Him immediately for taking such good care of me. Isn't it a miracle that we can talk to our Heavenly Father each and everyday and have the knowledge and faith that He hears us. (This has been on my mind for the past week ~ so I thought I'd share). Remember to count your blessings everyday ~ it will bring happiness and a smile to your face.

3 comments:

The Bingham's said...

I love that reminder!! This last month has been a true testiment of that. As I read your thought I automatically started to count the numerous times my prayers were answered. There were a lot!!

Jamie said...

Cindy,
Thanks for this wonderful reminder! I wish we lived closer to each other. I know that you and I would be great friends-just like you and my Mom were! I miss you!! xoxox- Marybeth

Wall-e-Family said...

Thanks for sharing...it is always good to be reminded our Heavenly Father loves us just as much as we love our Children, and helps us in so many ways. Thank you for being such a wonderful VT and friend!!